Middlefield Bible Church is an independent, fundamental, separated, Bible-believing church located in Middlefield, Ohio. We are a church seeking to reach the Geauga County, Ohio area. Our church serves the city of Chardon, and the villages of Aquilla, Burton, Hunting Valley, and South Russell. The townships of Parkman, Newbury, Huntsburg, and Claridon are also within close range of our church.
Meet Our Pastor
Pastor John Howard is a graduate of Bob Jones University with a B.A. in Pastoral Studies and an M.A. in Bible. He was ordained to the Gospel ministry in 1980 and has over thirty-five years of experience in Christian work. Over the years, he has served various ministries as assistant pastor, Christian school teacher, missionary, youth pastor, and senior pastor. In 1995, he was burdened to start a church in the Middlefield area. A Bible study began in the home of a local resident, and regular services were started a few years later. Pastor and his wife, Beth, have been married for the duration of his ministry, and they have one married son and four grandchildren. Pastor Howard is a member of the Ohio Bible Fellowship, a group of independent, fundamental Bible-believing pastors and churches in Ohio. He is bi-vocational, also working as a CNC machinist.
- A church that is independent from the mainline religious denominations such as Roman Catholic, Lutheran, or Methodist. We stand against the apostasy of the National and World Council of Churches.
- A church that believes in the fundamental doctrines of the Bible. We believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God. We believe in the virgin birth and deity of Jesus Christ. We believe that Christ died for our sins, rose from the grave and is coming again
- A church with a Bible-centered program. Our people carry their Bibles to church because they are used in every service. We preach and teach the Word of God.
- A church that worships our Holy God with Christ-honoring hymns and Gospel songs. We do not practice the worldly “contemporary” style of worship.
- A Church that is supported by Scriptural giving. We do not have suppers, raffles, bazaars or bingo to raise money. We receive only freewill offerings.
The purpose of Middlefield Bible Church is to teach and preach the Word of God, to see men and women saved, and to edify the saints of the church. The church exists for the defense of “the faith once delivered unto the saints” and for the world-wide proclamation of the Gospel in keeping with Christ’s great commission.
Statement of Faith
Middlefield Bible Church strives to be a church that preaches what the Bible teaches. Our doctrinal statement briefly explains our understanding of the Bible's teaching on major points of doctrine. To read our statement of faith, click here.